Monday, July 20, 2009

Back to Blogging

I know it's been awhile since I've posted. We have been SO BUSY getting settled in the house and are still waiting on our internet to get set up. *Fingers crossed we will have it by tomorrow* It seems like the move-in process is one that will never-end! Everytime I turn around there is more to be unpacked and put in it's place. Who would have thought we'd have so much stuff after living in a one bedroom apartment!!!


This past weekend was spent on the outside of the house. Jep bought a brand new lawn mower and mowed our sod for the very first time. It was exciting! And, the grass looks great now! We also went to Home Depot and Lowe's and bought some flowers. I am trying to soak up all the information I can about gardening and landscaping now that I have a backyard to try my hand at it. It turns out that gardening takes some planning and preparation- you can't just dig a hole, plant some seeds, and wait for it to grow! Hahah-who would have thought?! I did however, plant some hydrangas on the side of the house and am hoping for the best! Eventually, I'd like to start a garden but I still need to do some more research first.

A few of our most recent pics...



Jep recently switched units within the National Guard. He is now a Platoon Leader with the 186th Engineers in Dothan, AL and he found out his unit is the #1 unit to be called for storm/hurricane relief. Two weekends ago, I went down to Dothan for "Family Day." Jep was volunteered to be a participant in the "dunk tank." It was hilarious!


House Photos...








1 comment:

  1. Oh Val, it looks so beautiful!! I can't wait to see it! Your plants will do great...just keep em watered. We are so excited about getting to hang out with yall. See ya tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete