Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Roomba and a Mexican Cake...

was what I got for my birthday! I had such a great birthday this year!!! My first surprise when I got home from work was a delicious cake!! Jep had ordered a cake for me from a bakery down the street from our house. The catch is that the bakery is a Mexican bakery....with a staff that doesn't even speak English!! He had one of his brick mason's translate the order...a three milk cake with mango filling and Oh.My.Goodness...it was SO GOOD!! And, very fancy I might add- complete with roses and pearlized frosting. We have definitely found OUR bakery. Jep's birthday is coming up in a few weeks and I have already started working on a plan for when I need to place my order--I really need to start brushing up on my Spanish skills. My next surprise was a Roomba! I've been really wanting one for awhile now and finally have one of my own!!
The Cake!




I also got some other really thoughtful gifts from the rest of my family, friends, and co-workers. I just want to thank everyone for making my birthday a very special and memorable one!!

Lastly, I can't forget that I do share my birthday with Dread and he did have a pretty good bday himself. He got two brand new bones- one of which that has already been thrown away because he's torn it up to pieces.
Me and Dread with our presents!

1 comment: