Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas 2009

We hope everyone had a wonderful and safe Christmas! This year we spent Christmas with my family in Carmel and Jep was introduced to many of the Cwik Family Christmas traditions. Here's the rundown of our trip...

On Christmas Eve we went to church and then headed to a nice dinner at Sullivan's Steakhouse.

While at Sullivan's, we were surprised to see Peyton Manning who was sitting at a small table with his wife!! I have to say that this had to be my first run in with a famous person! I have never been lucky enough to spot a celebrity in person. It was so exciting seeing him especially since we were going to be watching him play the Jets a few days later!




Christmas day with my family is always a relaxing one...we get up, open presents, stay in our pjs ALL DAY, eat ALL DAY, and watch movies and football ALL DAY! We also introduced Mom and Dad to Apples to Apples this year and they LOVED it! As far as presents go, I think we all made out really good!! One of the big presents this year was a new laptop for my Dad--so my parents are FINALLY making the move from dial up internet to high speed! I don't know who is more excited--them or me?!


On Saturday it snowed!!! Photo op in the backyard!





On Sunday, Jep and I headed down to Indianapolis to watch my COLTS play. One of the Christmas presents from my parents was a night at a hotel close by the stadium. We got a huge surprise when we when we got to our room which had been upgraded to a huge suite!! Thanks Mom & Dad!! Before we headed out to the game, Jep and I exchanged our gifts to each other. I have to brag for a second because Jep did so good this year!!! He surprised me with the pair of diamond earrings from my mom's store that I had worn on our wedding day as my "something borrowed." I love, love, love them and was so shocked!!

After exchanging gifts we headed out to game. The city looked gorgeous with all the snow falling down!


We had a great time at the Colts game despite the fact that Jim Caldwell made the terrible call to pull the starters with only a 5 point lead ruining their undefeated run!!! Ugh, it makes me so mad still thinking about it!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment