Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas...

around the DuBose house!!

I was so excited to decorate the house for Christmas this year. Honestly, I was actually ready a couple weeks before Thanksgiving to start putting decorations up, but Jep put a stop to that. His rule--no Christmas decorations until AFTER Thanksgiving.

So, the Saturday we got back from Elba we went straight out to find our perfect tree. Once home, we got it all decorated with the few ornaments we own--the tree is lacking in the ornament department but I figured we have plenty of time to collect over the years--and the tree looked great!! After we completed the tree, we went outside to work on the outdoor lighting. Jep did a fantastic job with the outdoor decorations. He even got up on the industrial size ladder to hang icicles along the peaks of the house!!! It was nerve racking watching him up so high on the ladder so I really couldn't watch--but I did get a few pictures!!

Once, the decorating was done we got settled on the couch to watch TV and call it a night. And, the next thing I know, our 9 ft. Christmas tree has fallen over and crashed onto the hardwood floor--breaking the majority of my small ornament collection!! Looking back on it...it's funny now but at the time I was so upset! The ornaments that meant the most to me were completely broken to pieces. But, thanks to some Krazy glue...I was able to salvage what was salvagable. Now, each year when we get out the ornaments to hang on the tree, we can laugh at the broken ones and remember our first Christmas together in our first home. (Cheesy--I know!)



No comments:

Post a Comment