Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Lilah vs. The Sippy Cup

We have a battle going on at our house 

between....

Ms. Lilah Belle


and....

The Sippy Cup



Sure,  my little girl looks all sweet and innocent...but, looks can be very deceiving! :)
She certainly has her moments when she is far from the sweet little girl that I know she can be.
 This girl can be STUB-BORN! I blame her Papa for passing down this trait. She gets her sense of independence and do-what she wants, when she wants attitude from her father. If you force or nag her to do something, she does the opposite...just like Jep! J/k...kinda...haha!

We have been battling the sippy cup for the past two months. Never did I think, she would be SO attached to the bottle because we struggled getting her to take that at 8 weeks old.

Now at 13 months, she wants nothing to do with a sippy cup. I've tried about 5 different brands/styles and she will have none of it. I'm looking for any advice from moms who've been in my shoes!!!  The type we've had the best luck with are the cups with a straw...she'll do okay one day but just when it seems like we are making progress, she goes back to refusing it all together.  

Lilah and one of her teachers had an all out war yesterday...apparently, they are working hard at school to get her take the cup over the bottle. Whenever they pull out the cup, Lilah throws an all out fit. She wants nothing to do with it. Her teacher tried taking off the lid so Lilah could just sip out of it like a regular cup, and Lilah flailed her arms and dumped the entire cup all over herself and her teacher. Sorry, Miss Katie!!! 

So, starting Thursday, I think we'll be trying a new strategy.  If I can get the willpower --I am going to pack up the bottles and start Sippy Cup Boot Camp.  No more of this trying to wean...because it is obviously not working.  

Wish us luck!! I think this is going to be just as hard on me as it is on Lilah.  And, please send me suggestions if you have any!!! I'm willing to try anything!

1 comment:

  1. No suggestions from me, I feel your pain! My son turned 2 in July and he refuses to take anything but his bottle. He's driving me batty. I seriously don't think I'll be able to stand the screaming fits if I try to take it cold turkey. I'm totally at a loss. I seriously wish you the best of luck my friend. Let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete