Thursday, July 19, 2012

Our Dread

It's been awhile since I've updated our blog. A large part of my absence is due to the fact that I've been avoiding having to write this very difficult post.

Our sweet boy, Dread, passed away on July 10th. Our little family has felt a huge void since his passing.


Dread was the perfect dog. He brought so much happiness to our lives--as well as to those who knew him. He was the type of dog that even non-dog lovers grew to love. He also made those who doubted him (since he was a pit bull) fall in love with him.   He was just that sweet of a dog. He loved being around people and although he weighed over 80 lbs,  he thought he was a little lap-dog.  He was a big snuggler.

Looking back on pictures, I realized that our "fur-baby" sure did live a great life. He travelled everywhere with us. He actually was quite worldly. :) He made many visits to the Emerald Coast with the family. He loved the beach.


He's also been to Jacksonville and was brave enough to tackle the waves.

Of course, he'd go back with us to Auburn for game days.

Dread rolling Toomer's Corner


War Eagle!

Tailgating at the 2007 Iron Bowl

He was a big Auburn fan!


We celebrated many holidays with him and he would cooperate so well when I'd dress him up!
Mardi-Gras Puppy
Happy New Year. 2009

He loved water! It didn't matter if it was a pool, a lake, or the ocean. Swimming was one of his favorite things to do.


 

 
In 2010, he was diagnosed with a very aggressive cancer but he defied all odds and pulled through an extremely invasive surgery and several rounds of chemotherapy. He surprised all of his doctors. He was our little fighter.


 
He grew up to be such a great big brother.



He would let curious Lilah climb all over him, pull his ears or tail, sometimes even poke him in the eye. In turn, she would love to feed him Puffs (or whatever she was eating) out of the palm of her hand. It was so cute watching them interact with each other. They were great friends.






Dread was was the sweetest, most loyal, playful dog I've ever known. 

Dread, you are so very much loved and missed!! We know you're having a great time running, swimming, and playing up in heaven.

4 comments:

  1. I'm not the biggest dog fan but I've grown to love Dread through all your pictures and postings. I'm literally in tears that he is now gone. And the pictures of him with Lilah are so precious!! I hope it gets easier for you guys even though there's a void in your hearts! I'm praying for you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Val....I'm so sorry! :( we're thinking about you guys during this difficult time. What a sweet post about your sweet puppy. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me so sad for y'all. I know how much a dog takes of our hearts. (I think this shows up posted under my blogger user name Daisy Girl but it's Heather from PSD. (; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart breaks for you guys. I am so, so sorry. Thinking of you and sending prayers and comfort. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete