Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Fall Beach Getaway

A few weeks ago we traveled down to the beach for a much needed vacation. I was so excited for this visit because Lilah is at now at such a fun age and I couldn't wait to see what she thought about the water and the sand. 

We went straight down to the beach as soon as we unloaded the car.  I was so surprised at how much Lilah LOVED the sand.  As soon as she stepped foot on the beach, she got down and sandy.


Precious sandy hands





Papa helped build a sand castle

 Our days were filled with getting out to the beach early (before it got too hot) and doing lots of playing. 

 There was a small pool of water up on the sand that was perfect for little Lilah.


 What a busy little girl.

 One night after dinner we took baby girl down to watch the sunset. 



The picture below is one of my all time favorite pictures of her and Jep!
 

 Towards the end of our trip, Nana came down and picked up Lilah so Jep and I had a day to relax with just the two of us.  While we missed our sweet girl, it was definitely nice to have some adult time and a break from Singing Babies and Baby Mozart DVDs.  

Our last night Jep and I went out for an early dinner. We dined alongside the early-birds. Seriously, we showed up at the restaurant at 4:30 and were done eating by 5:30. How lame are we?!  But it worked out well because we were done early enough to bring some chairs and wine down to the beach to watch the sunset.




 So long beach...until next time!

1 comment:

  1. My heart belongs at the beach! I find it to be the most peaceful place in the world.

    Looks like a nice vacay! We went back in Sept and my Axle loved it. He enjoyed the sand more than the water.

    ReplyDelete