Saturday, October 27, 2012

School Costume Parade

Lilah dressed as a peacock this year for her school costume parade.

 

We had a very rocky start getting her dressed. I arrived at school early to allow plenty of time to get dressed since we didn't have a dress rehearsal and I had a feeling she would hate the feathers. Well, it turned out, I was right...she threw an all out fit when I tried to dress her. Once she was in the costume she continued to scream as if she was being tortured.  I felt a little guilty and decided I wasn't going to push it so I took her out of the costume and she'd just participate in the parade in her regular clothes. 

As we were walking to the parade, Ms. Nancy stopped us and said she'd take Lilah and get her back in costume.  I left the two of them alone. I had no doubts that Ms. Nancy would work her magic.  Shortly after, here comes Ms. Nancy with my little peacock all dressed up! :)  We are grateful that Ms. Nancy saved the day!!



You'll notice that some of her feathers are a little bent which was as a result of her fits while getting dressed. I also had a cute ribbon on the front of the onesie and that became destroyed while getting dressed too.  Oh, well! I think she still made a precious peacock!!

Lilah and her friend Mia

Lilah and Madeline

We did have a slight meltdown which stopped the parade. (see video below)

Here are a few (very short!) videos from the parade.




A short clip of a much happier peacock!


 Sadly, the peacock costume did not make it through the day. While I was packing things up to leave, Jep took Lilah outside to the Bounce House and tore off all her feathers so she could jump with the big kids. Oh, well. I guess we got one good wear out of her costume. We have a back up costume for Halloween day. Can't wait!! :)

Happy (almost) Halloween!!

No comments:

Post a Comment