Sunday, June 7, 2009

Brewfest and a Make-Over

This weekend Jep was out of town for drill so not too much went on with the house. Last week, our light fixtures were installed and we now have plumbing! Yay...no more port-a-potty! :) I didn't have a chance to take pictues of our new fixtures but will post some later this week. We are really happy with how they look! Our concrete was also poured last week. So, we now have a driveway, sidewalk, and back porch.

This coming week we are having our hardwood and carpet installed. So, we are moving right along.
Since I had the weekend off of house stuff, I had some free time... Friday night I went to the Magic City Brewfest with Lindsey and Dan here in Birmingham at Sloss Furnace. We had a great time trying to sample over 250 featured beers...obviously we didn't get to try ALL 250 but I think we definitely got our money's worth!


On Saturday I went and got my hair cut and colored. I went back to a darker brown and chopped it off! My hair is now above my shoulders. I LOVE it and am anxious to see what Jep thinks...he's going to come home after being gone for weekend to a whole new wife!! :)



A few updated pics...

Kitchen Backsplash





Dread soaking up the sun on our apartment patio...he has no idea that in just a few weeks he'll have his own big back yard! :)



Me, pre-haircut, at Brewfest sampling "30-A Pale Ale" from the Emerald Coast Beer Company. Jep and I were married off of 30-A so I needed to take a picture with my sample!

Next weekend Jep and I are leaving for our honeymoon!! So, at this time next week we'll be in Riviera Maya! We can't wait!!!

1 comment:

  1. It was so good seeing you guys and can't wait to hangout again at a less stressful time. We want to come stay once the house is finished. I hope yall have a wonderful honeymoon...be safe! I can't wait to see your hair!! Post pics....

    ReplyDelete