Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

On Friday, Lilah's school hosted "Muffins for Mom." Along with a yummy spread of breakfast, all the moms were given a sweet handmade gift from our little ones. Below is my first homemade Mother's Day gift from my baby girl.


I feel so incredibly blessed to be the mother of this little angel. :)  My sweet Lilah Belle has brought so much joy to my life. She is such a smart, happy, and energetic little girl. She keeps me on my toes and always keeps me laughing! I love you baby girl and I'm so proud to be your mama!


I had such a wonderful first Mother's Day. My morning started off just right with an iced caramel latte and heart shaped chocolate donut from Dunkin' Donuts delivered from my sweet husband and daughter. So cute!  I also got a homemade card from both him and Lilah, a gift certificate for mani/pedi, two candles and some bubble bath! What a perfect gift!! I cannot wait to cash in on a relaxing day of pampering!



After I opened my gifts, we headed off to church. The service this Sunday was extra special because it was recognizing and celebrating each child born within the congregation and within the Child Development Center during the annual "Blessing of the Infants." Each child's name was called and then blessed.  It was a very special ceremony.




Then after church, we had a delicious lunch at Cajun Steamer and came home and relaxed!  I can't forget to mention how lucky I am to be the mama of a precious furbaby named Dread!



Love these two!!!

I also wanted to send a very Happy Mother's Day to my own mom, who is my very best friend and a fantastic Grammy!  She has been the perfect role-model for me and I can only hope that I can be half as great of a mom as she has been for me!








And, Happy Mother's Day to my mother-in-law, Beth.  I couldn't ask for a sweeter and more thoughtful mother-in-law (and nana to Lilah)!  Thanks for being so wonderful!!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a pretty amazing day!!!
    Happy Mother's Day to you and all those lovely ladies in your life :)

    ReplyDelete